Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bosco and Vegas

Some time ago I found an author I liked - Carol Goodman. Her latest in pocket book is "The Ghost Orchid". It takes place at an estate calle Bosco and involves a medium. It is also a book that jumps between now and then and as the story develops the mystery from long ago is solved. This book takes a leap of faith, it asks you to believe in the supernatural. Goodman writes well and the characters are interesting so even if you are not a believer the story of tunnels, fountains, and murder most cruel is enjoyable. A definite plus for Ms. Goodman is that she studied Latin at Vassar and later was also a teacher in Latin. In my house that is a wonderous thing.
At some point I wrote about Brian Freeman's first book and now I have read the second "Stripped". Have to say I enjoyed getting reaquainted with Jonny Stride and Serena Dial. This time the major venue is Vegas. And it a lot about the Vegas of the 60ties. Past crimes come back to haunt and kill. I had to go back and reread the first book so I could get an extra dose of Jonny and Serena. Freeman's third probably won't hit the pocket market for some time. When checking out Freeman and Goodman on the web I note that Google now has a book search! Great for all us readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home