Monday, July 02, 2007

Minnesota and L.A.

Here it is the middle of the summer and I put a picture of a snowman in my blogg. Well it is to signify that I have just read "Snow Blind" by P.J. Tracy. The bodies get hidden inside of snowmen (on skis or fishing). I've read som reader reviews on Amazon and most had the same opinion as I do. An enjoyable read, with a fun new character - a school teacher turned sheriff of a small Minnesota county, but way too little of the monkeewrench gang. The foursome computer group have been interesting characters in previous books, but in this one there is no development of their characters and unfortunately the play a very minor role.
I have also read "The Overlook" by Michael Connelly, a novella with old friend Harry Bosch. It was about a putative terror plan that was no more than the wife and the Fed. Hope I didn't ruin the book for anyone! Because the book was short, I missed the usual twists and turns as well as a usually more contemplative Harry. I guess I payed attention because I took the trivia test on Connelly's website and got all the answers right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home