Saturday, June 30, 2007

New Jersey and L.A.

As I said earlier I have been doing some travelling. I was in Norway for a day and a half. Waiting for transportation, riding on the bus, sitting on the airplane are all excellent opportunities for reading (and listening to Eva Cassidy on my MP-3 player). An old friend, Harlan Coben, was available to me through my library in the form of his latest book "The Woods". Coben is always a satisfying read, but I keep hoping he will go back to Myron Bolitar again (as he did in "Promise Me"). As usual the main character, Paul Copeland, is honest, but makes mistakes. Spying and other tangled webs are embedded in the novel. I enjoyed it, but as mentioned above I would rather have Bolitar back.
Waiting for the bus to the airport in Ski, Norway I decided I'd better spend my last Norwegian crowns on a book. The ones I had with me had already been read and it was many hours until I would arrive home to Uppsala. So I bought a Jonathan Kellerman called "Twisted". I know that the Kellerman family does produce readable books, but I'm not a great Alex Delaware fan (21 books and counting). I bought the book because it was another main character - Petra Connor. She was okay - the character that was the most fun was the genius Isaac Gomez who comes up with the June 28 pattern. I guessed who the killer was very early on, and it was hard to believe that the rest of them missed the obvious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home