Friday, July 06, 2007

Georgia and Florida

The South has dominated my reading this week. Karin Slaughter is back in Grant County with "Skin Privilege", that just come out. I couldn't wait and used my discount ticket at the English book shop to buy the book. Sara, Jeffery, and Lena are back and this book is even darker than any of the earlier ones (which is saying a lot). Slaughter does not pull her punches and the characters feel very, very real. But it is kind of scary as are a lot of the bad guys in the book. The ending was a shock (seldom happens anymore).
I picked up a new book by Joy Fielding, "Heartstopper", at the library. This is the Florida connection (although there are some short visits to Florida in Slaughter's book). This is the first book I've read by Fielding and I think that I may read more. She keeps several suspects in the reader's view and I didn't figure this one out until towards the end, which is a plus for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home