Saturday, April 07, 2007

Good Friday and the movies

Yesterday was Good Friday. We had sunshine, but it was cold and windy - not uncommon weather for this time of year. I recently received a free movie pass because I am a good citizen and pay my unemployment insurance. So I decided I would finally go see Martin Scorsese's "The Departed". Last Good Friday (2006) I also went to see a movie, I guess it must be a tradition now. I really enjoyed the film, with Jack Nicholson and Martin Sheen it is hard to do too badly. The surprise was Leonardo Dicaprio, who I haven't liked in any film I've seen him in since Gilbert Grape. He was very good. The contrast between the two old guys (Jack and Martin) and the two young guys (Matt and Leonardo) (are names a sign of the times, obviously) was well done. The only thing I'm kind of wondering about are all the Boston accents, they're better when they're genuine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home