Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Crumley Again


In a previous post I wrote about reading James Crumley's 'The Wrong Case' and figured out that the main character Milo Milodragovich should be 70 in the last book - well I wasn't too far off I just finished 'The Final Country' and Milo celebrates his 60th birthday. This was a truly good book. Demanding to read (bus rides are too short for a novel like this). There is a connection to Belize in the book, guess I'll have to visit that country someday. Some web pages with more info on Crumley are:

http://www.library.txstate.edu/swwc/archives/writers/crumley.html

<>
http://www.blackravenpress.com/Author%20pages/crumley.htm

The first is a link to archives where papers donated by Crumley are kept. That is for all of you that want to write a PhD thesis about the man. An interesting aside is that a book by Ray Bradbury has a character with the same last name - in recognition of the masterful creater of hard-boiled detectives. The second link is just some interesting biographical facts. Guess I'll have to start on the second series with the other PI.
Other books finished (like a tour of the world from Israel through Sierra Leone to Iraq and England): Kathy Reichs 'Cross Bones' - okay, but not among her best - and Minette Walters 'The Devil's Feather' - good, and among her best.

Then some music - Black Cadillac by Rosanne Cash - one I will listen to often

2 Comments:

Blogger MEE said...

Ah, now there's the idea I needed for my thesis. How could I have been so blind!

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

redb gjlqs [URL=http://www.bigtits234.com]Large Tits[/URL] hmyrrg o lp t fge

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home